Hello med and dentistry hopefuls,
Let me take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Emily, and as you can tell by the rest of this website, my background is in English literature, poetry, and critical writing. Over the years, I have been able to apply my English background to application editing and professional school interview prep. Over 90% of the students I’ve worked with have been able to secure spots at highly competitive medical and dental schools across Canada and the United States.
While helping my now-husband get into medical school in 2015, I realized that money is often (unfairly) a ticket to professional success. Students who can afford high-quality private tutors and editors often secure more interviews and achieve higher scores. Prep companies are well aware of how much people are willing to pay to get into their dream school, and they charge accordingly. This leaves people who are unable to afford help at a major disadvantage, robbing them of professional opportunities and the general public of excellent doctors. I’d like to change that.
I have an MA in English and Creative Writing from U of T and over a decade of professional editing experience. I have been a community member interview panelist at Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, and in 2020, I offered free interview help to anybody who had their professional school interview moved to an online format due to the Covid19 pandemic. I am genuinely passionate about helping people succeed, and I am committed to working within your budget.
My husband, Dr. Ariel Gershon, graduated from Schulich School of Medicine and Destistry in 2019. He is currently a pathology resident at the University of Toronto. We often work together to help students prepare for medical and dental school interviews. If you sign up for more than three interview prep sessions, at least one session will involve receiving feedback from both of us as a mini panel.
Here are some of the unique pricing options I offer to keep my services affordable:
- Each time you refer a friend to me who ends up paying for application editing or interview prep, you get either a free interview prep session or 3 free pages of application editing.
- I will always provide free prep spreadsheets and informational material.
- You can always consult with me for free before you begin writing your application (this cuts down on the time it takes me to edit your work, and it means that there’s less for you to revise later on).
- Each round of editing includes 2 passes. I will edit your work and send it back to you for you to revise. Then you will send your revised work back to me and I will edit it again.
- If you have at least 3 interviews in a given cycle and you sign up for at least 6 hours of interview prep with me, I will give you a full refund if you fail to gain admission to at least one school.
- If you have 2 interviews in a given cycle and you sign up for at least 6 hours of interview prep with me, and you don’t get into at least one school, I will give you 6 free interview prep hours next cycle should you choose to apply again.
- I always offer a free 30-minute interview prep session before you decide to sign up for a package.
Application Editing…………………………………….$60/page or $105/three pages*
Interview Prep…………………………………………… $450/three hours or $600/six hours**
Interview prep can be done in person or over an online video-conferencing application.
Reach out to me if you have many applications that need editing. I’m open to giving discounts if you’re applying to multiple schools.
*double spaced written in 12pt Times New Roman font
**Each session is 1 hour long. Single sessions available upon request.